VACANCY NOTICE: Executive Director of Albanian Investment Corporation
Position: Executive Director of Abanian Investment Corporation
Application Deadline: 29.09.2023
About Us: The Albanian Investment Corporate (hereinafter referred to as AIC) is a commercial company with the status of a joint stock company, founded by the sole shareholder: the Republic of Albania, represented by the Ministry of Finance and Economy. AIC is a state capacity with operational autonomy that aim to facilitate the development of the country’s economy. AIC is initiating the recruitment process to select an individual with the necessary education and experience for the position of its Executive Director.
AIC Executive Director position overview: The position of the Executive Director of AIC exercises the main responsibility of directing AIC, in order to achieve its relevant objectives. The Executive Director shall work closely with the Supervisory Board and the management team of AIC, to support and advance the AIC’s mission. Such role requires a leader who can effectively manage AIC’s operations, represent it vis-à-vis with third parties and ensure compliance with applicable legal regulations.
Competences (TORs): The responsibilities of the Executive Director of AIC include, as follows:
a) Administration of AIC’s activity:
- Managing and supervising of all aspects of AIC’s day-to-day operations;
- Proposing and implementing the strategies and policies approved by the governing bodies of AIC;
- Ensuring the efficient use of AIC resources, in order to achieve its objectives.
b) Representation of AIC with third parties:
- Acting as the representative of AIC vis-à-vis with any third party;
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with shareholders, partners, government authorities, as well as other stakeholders;
- Conducting the negotiation of agreements and contracts on behalf of the Corporate.
c) Ensurance of keeping regular AIC documents and accounting books:
- Overseing the accurate and compliant maintenance of all AIC documents, financial records, and accounting books;
- Undertaking the necessary measures to comply with relevant legal and accounting standards.
d) Preparation and signature of AIC’s annual financial reports:
- Preparing and signing the annual balance sheet, the consolidated balance sheet and the progress report of the AIC’s activity, along with proposals for the investment of profits.
e) Establishment of a monitoring system for the AIC activity:
- Identifing the circumstances which may threat the effective management and performance of the AIC;
- Addressing the aforementioned circumstances with the governing bodies of the AIC.
f) Carry out the mandatory registrations and data publication for AIC:
- Ensuring the compliance of the AIC and its activity with the legislation and regulations in force, by overseeing mandatory registrations and data publication.
g) Report to AIC Governing Bodies:
- Preparing the regular reports for the General Assembly and the Supervisory Board;
- Notifing AIC bodies and interest groups on policy updates and their implementation, work plans, as well as AIC investment projects.
h) Ensurance of the implementation of AIC’s decisions and their legal compliance:
- Guaranting the timely and effective implementation of the resolutions made by the General Assembly and the Supervisory Board;
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and internal AIC policies.
i) Convenes Extraordinary Meetings of AIC governing bodies:
- Conducting and/or facilitating the organization of extraordinary meetings of the governing bodies of AIC, as necessary.
- Ensuring the timely notification and delivery of the necessary documentation for the realization of the aforementioned meetings.
- “Master Degree” or higher academic education in the field of economics, finance, business, law, or similar fields;
- Has at least 7 years of working experience in a management position in the public or private sector;
- Very good knowledge of corporate governance and financial management;
- Very good communication and negotiation skills;
- Very good knowledge of the English language;
- Proven leadership and management skills in complex situations.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, a motivation letter and the following documents:
- Declaration that the candidate guarantees the fulfillment of the requirement of Law no. 71/2019, “For Albanian Investment Corporation”, for the position of the Executive Director;
- CV in the albanian language;
- Photocopy of the identification card/passport;
- Photocopy of the diplomas and other supporting documents;
- Photocopy of certificates, contracts, leters of references, ect. that support the qualifications for this position;
- Certification of legal status;
- Declaration Form in accordance with the requirements of Law no. 138/2015, “For the guarantee of the integrity of persons that are selected, appointed ose keep public functions”.
The applications should be subbmitted within 29 September 2023, at the email address: [email protected], or with an envelope at the address: Rruga Ibrahim Rugova, Sky Tower, kati 7, Tiranë.
From the list of the interested applicants, AIC Recruitment Committee will select a number of candidates that will be invited for the interview. After the interview, the Recruitment Committee willl propose to AIC Supervisory Board three candidates for the position of AIC’s Executive Director. The AIC Supervisory Board will decide for the successful candidate. All candidates that have expressed their interest for this position will be notified for the results of the application, at the end of the process.